Wednesday, June 11, 2008

POINT OF ORIGIN

11 June 2008

When I find myself wandering around my mind, unsure about which direction to go or what exactly I should, or need, to do next I usually return to the point of origin. Well, I realized recently that I was out there wandering aimlessly around my mind so I am now returning to my original point. I began recording this blog, Shift Of Power, in early April 2008 in order to inform, explain, provoke and promote.

I developed and committed to the written word what I believe to be a new philosophy for politics and government, Humanitstic Equalism: Philosophy for Ethical Government of Common Sense, by Common People, for Common Good. (All rights reserved, 2007.) Due to circumstance of birth, decisions made, and the realities of life at the beginning of the 21st century it occurred to me that there was little if any possibility these ideas, this philosophy and unique new approach to politics and the conduct of government could be or, would be, injected into the vein of public discourse and debate. In other words because I am poor, unknown and without "connections"; because the ideas are disturbingly radical, the premise sound and reasoning rational, and finally because everything that Humanistic Equalism: Philosophy for Ethical Government implies represents a genuine threat to promoters and defenders of the Status Quo, this new plan with potential would remain nothing more than a madman's exhortation into the wind. Ah, but vanity is a powerful stimulant while need necessitates invention and creation. Thus, Shift Of Power came to be.

In my mind I envision this blog as the means by which I can put Humanistic Equalism: Philosophy for Ethical Government on the public record within the market place of ideas. I can use the blog to inform anyone that may be interested about the philosophy's existence, explain it, and provoke disagreement, discussion and debate in an effort to further refine the philosophy, system, and process as a result of readers input over time. I imagined that if the blog was successful I could somehow find a way of publishing or having published my original manuscript, then after twelve or fourteen months of exchange with blog readers, of making my argument and taking yours into consideration, would then re-write Humanistic Equalism and issue a second edition with revisions based on readers input.

Obviously I was idealistically and blissfully ignorant about the realities regarding the universe of websites and blogosphere. It is a lot tougher out here than I thought or would have believed it to be. Even though at times I struggle against the youthful forces of impatience and impetuosity, still think that I am a young raging bull wanting everything to happen right now. I am fully aware that I am an old bull-oh, I still want everything that I want, only now I know the most action, most success and satisfaction is simply a matter of time. As the southern rockers, Little Feat, said, "Thing happen in their own sweet time." All I have, all any of us really ever truly have that is ours and ours alone is time and that which we love.

The point I am making is that by returning to the origin of Shift Of Power, by exercising patience and by doing what I want to do for as long as it takes or until I die, which ever comes first. Eventually the idea and meaning, the truthfulness and possibilities espoused and revealed by Humanistic Equalism: Philosophy for Ethical Government will become known. I know that if it is what I am convinced that it is-the next logical adaptation in the evolution of government, the first new type and approach to the institution and conduct of government system and process offered in more than five thousand years- if Huanistic Equalism is true and valid it will be adopted at some point in time. If it is not what I think that it is, it will be exposed, discarded, and disappear.

In a few days I will present the "official" definition of Huamnistic Equalism and begin explaining the premise and reasoning that the philosophy, as well, subsequent system and process for Humanistic Equalism government is based. Until then feel free to leave a comment, email this blog to a friend or enemy, rate this blog, and save it to your favorites or bookmarks. Remember, the mind necessarily clings to old ideas until prepared for the new. Give Peace a chance.
James B. Tinsley, B.A.

No comments:

Politics