Thursday, August 7, 2008

ENERGY CRISIS-OLYMPICS-CHINA-PARIS HILTON-REPUBLICAN PROTEST

7 August 2008

Since 16 June 2008 I have used my postings to define, explain, and demonstrate Humanistic Equalism: Philosophy for Ethical Government. Next, I intend to begin a long term exploration as to how its adoption as the foundation for legislation and policy will transform the nature of government. That is to say the meaning, function, and purpose of government. In the course of this expanded and more detailed discussion I will strive to apply the philosophy of Humanistic Equalism, as well as, the Three-question Test process to current and on-going conditions and events.

But first, I want to establish some context, construct the proper frame through which this blog- SHIFT OF POWER - its contents and my assertions should be received, perceived, and considered. By this I mean that I want to clarify and separate my personal feelings and desires from what I am proposing. Or, to put it another way, make it as clear as possible that what I would to change things and fix things if I had the power is quite different from what will be the result of a system and process of government based upon Humanistic Equalism: Philosophy for Ethical Government.

For example, I would make soliciting money by any religion or ministry a crime of fraud with very harsh punishment. If people wish to contribute or tithe that is not a problem; but for a priest, preacher, minister, Pope or any religious authority to ASK for contributions, tithes, or suggest in any way that a believer must or should give money to any religion or church or ministry is something I consider to be fraud by deception. Why? Because what is being done, either explicitly or implicitly, is believers are being told that by giving money they will in some fashion or other gain some degree of favor and consideration by the God-figure of that particular religion. Whether that God-figure is believed to be a god of substance with a body and physical attributes. Or, is thought to be a force such as a "universal force", " cause and effect", or "supernatural creator". But, as I said, this is my personal feeling and desire and has absolutely nothing to do with Humanistic Equalism: Philosophy for Ethical Government and my presentation of it.

Humanistic Equalism, as offered and presented in my manuscript and subsequently at this blog-site, concerns government - power- ruling authority - what it does and how it's citizens, the people, are treated. It is about changing government, not people. That is, Humanistic Equalism: Philosophy for Ethical Government is NOT about trying to change the way people treat each other, what they believe in, why or how they worship. People are self-interested, self-promoting, self-protecting animals that are in some ways and to some degree more intellectually developed and advanced than other animals. And it is for precisely this reason that an ethical government institution should be the ultimate arbiter for promoting human progress, prosperity and happiness, and guarantor of absolutely equal status, privileges, and rights for every citizen.

It is very important that readers know and keep in mind from this point and going forward, with respect to religion in general, and Christian orthodoxy in particular, that in my daily life, my interaction and dealing in business and society, I recognize, as well as, practice what I believe government should do. While my most primal instinct in conjunction with my observation and informed reasoning lead me to conclude that religion, specifically orthodox Christian dogma, doctrine and creed, is the scourge of humanity; nothing would make me happier than to see it disappear from all but the account of history. As a citizen of the United States of America I am willing to give my life so that every citizen, every other person, has the right and opportunity to believe and practice whatever they wish. That is, as long as it is kept strictly outside of the law, function, and purview of government.

In other words, every citizen, every person should have this, and any other right that I claim for myself. I believe that every individual must freely give to every other person any and all rights they would claim for their self. I do not DISlike or believe that most Christians are intentionally cruel, mean, evil and nasty. They are only doing what they have been taught and accepted as true and correct. What I ABHOR and do believe is that the dogma, doctrine and creed established by any orthodoxy, but especially Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, is a lie that teaches its adherents intentionally cruel, mean, evil and nasty behaviors.

These particular religious beliefs instruct believers to murder non-believers, support and justify slavery, and view humans as subservient creations, playthings, children to be controlled, reprimanded, smited, and damned to eternal suffering. All at the caprice of some supposed supreme being, creator, force or God. Orthodox religion teaches that Humans are less-than. Whereas, I believe, and the credible evidence supports my belief, that human beings are the highest intelligence and the only source of power, hope, and salvation that exists in the known universe.

The point is, please do not take anything I say about religious orthodoxy personally. I do not care what you, or anyone believes; nor do I have any feelings about or when, where or how a person may choose to worship or pray. My work- this blog - as well as, Humanistic Equalism: Philosophy for Ethical Government, everything I am now doing and will most likely do until my death is what little I can to advance two fundamental causes.

First, to expose and prove through clear reasonable evidence the fraud of
religious and Christian orthodoxy, and its destructive effect on humanity and citizens when integrated with government.

Second, to change the meaning, purpose, and function of government so that it is ethical, existing to support and promote progress, prosperity, and happiness serving the needs of the people by establishing and maintaining absolutely equal status, privileges, and rights for all citizens. That is to say, ethical government is one that puts continual improvement in the condition of all citizen's lives and advancing civilization ahead of, and over the protection of profit, power, position and property.

Our current government is corrupt, ineffective, dictatorial and broken beyond repair in its present form and system. If the human species is to evolve, advance and develop we must realize and acknowledge that people - human beings - humanity - is, as far as we know, all that is truly important; that the rights of people - Human Rights - is the only thing supreme enough to be envisioned and thought of as God.
James B. Tinsley, B.A.

No comments:

Politics