Wednesday, April 1, 2009

G20-LONDON CALLING-ISRAEL KILLING-AMERICA FAILING

1 April 2009
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIFT OF POWER BLOG!
Today is the one year anniversary for this blog. When I sat down on 1 April 2008 to write and publish my first blog entry I had no idea about what to do, or how to do it. Though I have figured a few things out, I am still quite ignorant. I am still struggling to improve, to make this blog more exciting and widely read. To that end, I anticipate making a variety of changes, additions, and hopefully, improvements in the coming weeks.
I first published this blog shortly after completing the second draft of a manuscript entitled, Humanistic Equalism: Philosophy for Ethical Government of Common Sense, by Common People, for Common Good.
It is an original non-fiction work expounding a new political philosophy that I started writing in 2006.
As an "unknown" author, as yet unpublished in book form, I concluded it is highly unlikely that any publisher would be willing to get behind the unorthodox radical ideas posited by Humanistic Equalism. Ideas such as human progress, prosperity, and happiness, or absolutely equal status, privileges, and rights for every citizen. Or, the insane idea insistent upon the proposition that if a government is concerned first and foremost with people, instead of profit, piety, position, and power, such a system and process must result in an ethical government.
As the late John Lennon tells us, IMAGINE.
Is this even possible? Or is it nothing more than smoke induced idealism? Are we still too savage, to uncivilized to envision and institute a government that functions to enhance, embolden, and embrace all citizens, that endows everyone with absolutely equal status, privileges, and rights with respect to the actions and treatment by government? Is the human brain still so undeveloped, so superstitious that our mind cannot conjure or conceive of creating a system and process of government that is truly free, completely and inviolably divorced from the interference, the explicit influence of religious orthodoxy? Why is it beyond our capability to imagine a government devoted to improving the condition of human life? That is to say the lives of all citizens.
There was no doubt in my mind, no reputable publishing house would be bold enough, progressive enough to gamble on a nobody espousing such heresy. I reasoned that the most likely outcome will be some type of self-publishing, or e-publishing arrangement. As this was, and is, the case it occurred to me that writing and publishing a blog about Humanistic Equalism: Philosophy for Ethical Government could be a great vehicle to introduce it and establish a foundation. Thus, Shift of Power appeared in the blogosphere one year ago.
I continue to employ this device as the primary means of introducing, defining, describing, and demonstrating the principles, concepts, system, and process of Humanistic Equalism: Philosophy for Ethical Government. One of my primary objectives is to apply this unique new political philosophy to our current conditions and circumstances in order to validate it's value and viability. I endeavor to prove my hypothesis that Humanistic Equalism is the next natural logical progression in the evolution of government. I am firmly convinced that until common citizens exercise our tremendous power to overthrow our current bad government, then replace it with a better one, nothing we do will retard the accelerating decline of our nation. To this end, I actively encourage my fellow citizens to unite, challenge the status quo and carry out another revolution. We must find it in ourselves to act as our forefathers and mothers did and wrest power from an elite minority ruling faction, a pseudo-aristocracy. I declare that it is our duty and obligation to alter the course of the United States of America and fulfil the legacy of our United States Constitution.
I hope my readers will continue to stop by and tell others about Shift of Power. Look for the modifications beginning soon. Until next time, Give Peace a Chance.
James B. Tinsley, B.A.

No comments:

Politics